Cooking is hard with children around. Here are my tips:
- Meal plan! Boring but it can help. We use a planner like this to track activities and meals.
- Make the most of your favourite recipes with eat your books.
- Use some genius tips.
- Make meals in advance and stock your freezer with leftovers (labelled with the date frozen).
- Store fresh herbs for longer in your fridge – put stems into a glass with an inch of water and cover with a small plastic bag tucked into the glass. Change the water every few days.
- Use scissors to cut food one handed. Very useful with a baby on your hip!
- Use a large bowl for rubbish to save trips back and forth to the bin across the kitchen.
Do you have picks to share? Please post a comment or send me an email.